Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Rooftop Garden Final Tally

My garden did not flourish as much I had hoped, but it did yield some food. I was able to harvest about 4 zucchinis, 15 peppers, 12 tomatoes, lettuce and some herbs.

Garden starting out in May.


At first my zucchini was very plentiful but the plants ended up getting blossom-end rot early on and died off. 

Zucchini growing.

Before the zucchini died, I was at least able to make some tasty zucchini muffins.

Food made with zucchini.

 I also made some salads with ingredients entirely from the garden!


Green pepper turns red if you leave it long enough!

The lettuce started to die off in July, perhaps from the humid, hot weather. It also didn't help that I was barely home that month.

Plants looking a little worse for wear. 


My pepper plant was the most plentiful. It only recently started dying in the cold weather. 

Pretty peppers.

Since I had so many peppers, I wanted to make stuffed peppers, but they were so small that I made more of a stuffed pepper casserole.

Not much room for stuffing. 


Stuffed pepper casserole.

I put a lot of labor into my garden, so being able to enjoy some meals with fresh grown ingredients is a nice reward! I have more plans for next year and hopefully can use what I learned this year and be more successful.

1 comment :