Monday, March 16, 2015

The Living Room Is Finished

The Living Room is finished! Well, for now...there are a few more things on our list for later down the road, but for the time being we are content with it.

To complete the look, David mounted our TV and got rid of the entertainment center that he had originally purchased in the as-is section at IKEA. This made the room look a lot more open and minimalistic. David put our cable box in the basement and drilled a hole through the floor so the HDMI cable can connect to it. He hid the wire behind wire covers so that we didn't have distracting cords hanging out everywhere. Then he painted the cover to match the wall and radiator so they blend in. This gives it a nice clean look.

TV mounted. Reclaimed wood shelf. Installed transom and crown molding.



We purchased a decent couch from Macy's and got canvas prints of some of our honeymoon pictures (and one from our trip to Ecuador). I still want to make some changes to the other posters we have up in the living room because I think they are a little masculine, but one step at a time.


Exposed brick wall. Antique chandelier installed.




Here are some pictures of our house before much work was done (and before I lived there).

Before brick wall was exposed.


Before crown molding, door trim and transom were completed.


Projects completed:
  • Exposed brick wall
  • Installed transom and upgraded door trim
  • Installed crown molding, window trim and shutters
  • Added storage drawers under stairs
  • Created some handmade reclaimed wood furniture
  • Added antique lamps and chandelier


Here are some more pictures of the room finished.

Storage under the stairs.



New door trim and window trim. See if you can spot the Handyman Hubby.


Possible future projects:
  • Lower the door
  • Replace transom with antique stain glass transom
  • Restore original hardwood floor

It's nice to have one room in the house that is complete. Now on to the Dining Room...

















3 comments :

  1. Whatever you do, DON'T get rid of the Marines poster! I also like the Don Quixote painting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol the Marines poster is the one I want to get rid of (and the movie poster of Les Enfants du Paradis). Not completely, I just don't like them in the living room. They've been there a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I figured! That's why I spoke up! But if it needs a new home we can help.;)

    ReplyDelete